Just Like That!

Monday, January 08, 2007

What did Morpheus Say?


Being a school kid, college student, G or PG fellow is not easy. Neither it is to be single, a married being, working professional, a homemaker, an executive, a mother, a father, a shoulder, a retired person. Also difficult is to be illiterate, educated, stupid, intelligent, quiet, chirpy, dumb, witty, rural, and urban. Not to mention, the worst part is it is so difficult to get what you want, be happy with what you have got, or to dream about what you can get. We have all the reason to crib.

For when I was a kid, I wanted to be with Mom. But they sent me there with double the baggage. When I was a child, I wanted to play. But they sent me there with loads to study. When I had grown up, I wanted to learn and they said you just have to study. For when I was no more a child, they said you are no more a child. For when I had to shape my education, they told me lets all be together and jump into the same stream. For when I had to shape my career, they distracted me and I ended up compromising. For when I was single, they did not look for me but I was all eyes. For when I wasn’t single anymore, they always looked for me but I was frozen ice. For when it was my last educational day, they told me this phase has gone forever.

For when I was not working, they made me see the clock. For when I was working, they made me beat the clock. When I was a homemaker, they donned me with infinite roles. When I was to be an executive, they wanted the strongest shoulders. For when I was a mother, they wanted me to be GOD. For when I was a father, they told me I don’t understand. For when I was the caring shoulder, they forgot me after some time.

For when I was illiterate, they teased me by being up there. For when I was literate, they said being up gets you head weight. For when I was stupid, they warned me of being deceived. For when I was intelligent, they thought I was manipulative and deceptive. For when I was quiet, they took it for rudeness. When I was blatant, they said you lack emotions. And when I was chirpy, they thought of hollow vessels. Dumb I was, and they said be cocksure. Witty I became and they tagged me with Vanity. Rural I was and they asked me to be civilized. Urban I became and they reminded me of my roots.

For when I got retired, they made me think it was from Life, and not Job.

All throughout, I chased them and followed them. They made it very difficult for me to get what I want. They ensured I am not happy with what I have. They assured that I don’t dream anymore of what I want.

Game set. Lock, stock and barrel. I have all the reasons to Crib. They dictated and I followed. That ‘I’ which followed ‘THEY’ failed. That ‘I’ which tried to satisfy ‘THEY’ fails. That ‘I’ which needs the support of ‘THEY’ will fail.

‘I’ is smiling. And 'I' is perennially smiling. This life is different. THEY don’t exist anymore. THEY never did. Free the shackled and sugar-strangled Mind. “Free your Mind”.

I do not understand. Still don’t do. But now I don’t need to. What about you? Still have 'THEY' all over your mind?

Lights off! Door shut!

2 Comments:

  • My God!! Pretty confusing, but definitely says the truth about most of us. How we r never satisfied with what we have... In all a great piece :)
    Cheers
    Jyoti

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

  • Excellent article. Some really reassuring words :) felt nice to hear after a long time
    Amruta

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home