Just Like That!

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Unswerving Friend



Me to my Solitude

So it’s you poignantly mocking at me for a long time,
Awaiting my return to you, I can see the wry smile;
Confused to know, that you are wicked or good,
Still I am not sure who you are, under the hood.

Watching my fidelity and treachery with you, I feel
You can anytime be avenged by being with me;
Ecstatic but ignorant of that I am, when with you,
Irony that somehow I want to run away from you.

I realize your worth when good times abandon me,
Yet with a false mask, I pretend I don’t need you;
You are as calm, knowing I am as fragile as a glass,
I am hopeless, pity that you overestimate my class.

I think you know all the things I wanted to,
Know about being in solace with myself and thee;
Maybe you see perfidy in times to come from me,
And so you hesitate to reveal the legacy to me.

I feel you are vexed when I forget the trace of you,
So easily I betray you, when comfort is in front of me;
Still someone deep inside me keeps looking for you,
And why do I feel he’s always incomplete without you.

I look for you in the philosophies of the world,
I seek you in the still silence, impudent and cold;
For once I believed you are the ‘Silence’ within me,
How wrong I was, the ‘Silence’ is just a part of you.

I traced you to my deepest of thoughts in reflection,
I thought you are in my head ready with premonitions;
I saw you manifesting and sensed you in my realizations
I know they hold nothing of you, all are misconceptions.

When all have left me, I know you will still be with me,
And then I see myself being set free and with thee;
Oh I have taken you too much for granted, I am sorry,
I realize this in your need, as the comfort in my vicinity.

I have treated you as a third person, but a part of mine
And saw you as my last refuge and throw of the dice;
That you are my most unswerving friend, seldom did I know,
Oh I am blessed enough that you are always there for me!

Why do you love me so much?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home