Just Like That!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

the brink

It is quiet a view of the skyline, from the 35th floor. Not often am I so high, literally in the right sense. Tiny snippets moving along, to their destination. It was like watching the world through a hidden glass, in this case a real one.

Far from being deep in thought, numbness is often what occupies my mind. As He entered the room, little reluctant to break my contemplation, He balked for a moment, then intimated me of his presence. He is Indecisiveness. What makes glass windows make people go Socrates!

What's on the mind?

A few hours later I looked up at the specimen. It was a fine art. In fact one of the many. I still missed something.

Few hours elapsed and a sibling glass window on the opposite side of the river had me on the other side. It was a carnival of people jumping in, striking the anvil. Numbness was my other good friend for the day.

When people in history, thought of declaring a war, it altered the course of so many countries, families and fortunes. Mostly for the worse.


But I have no idea how they get the guts/nerves to make a decision. I had trouble deciding which street to take next. Randomly I chose one.

I looked back and it vanished into thin air. I was walking slowly, but I was leaving it behind in memoirs quicker than in sight.

I never dreamt of landing on certain places, streets in my wildest imagination. Yet I did not have the heart to capture the flashes, when I actually did land there.

On my way, a portrait acquired form.
The king sought the country, but the little region oscillated in him. Something was not right in the scheme of things. His country ally would be livid after all this. But that was how history was supposed to be. The portrait did not have any more description.

I thought it missed the path somewhere, possibly a little anachronous too.

I was leaving the horizon, and knew that the numbness won't be followed by an easy time. However everyone has to stand at the brink of something sometime, so insignificant it may seem to the world.

Human beings pass through moments. Someone has gone through worse, and some continue to go through the worst...

At every turn of life, a brink awaits. a brink which craves for decisive voices. a brink which expects a magical step. a brink which makes you weary in the mind. a brink, which you think could have been avoided, only when you face it. a brink which wants to trigger your own voice. a brink, life has presented once again.. No different in intensity than the ones you faced as a kid..

The brink awaits.. Let it so for the moment... it’s a matter of time before it passes and you’ll look back with a smile at the dot..

1 Comments:

  • a classic to-be-or-not-to-be scene.

    but i don't think one will always smile after looking back at the brink, and even if one does, sometimes its just because one cannot change the past.

    good one nonetheless :)

    By Blogger Pradnya..., at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home