Just Like That!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

shadows

i stand behind,
i like when stalwarts pass by me,
they take the crowd with;
don't even run the rudeness by me.

i drop my head, staring at my nails;
fidgeting away; feverish for a reason,
i look to the left, as a flock of winners sail;
i look to the right, a flurry of them rail.

i stand aside, as they bulldoze forward,
look into their eyes, the shades hide the mess;
i look away; they pretend to have the strength,
they move forward falsely, i stroll back.

i sit on a concrete quadrangle around me,
they buzz around. oh! the commotion;
they cruise forward, one after the other;
until theres just the echo, quadrangle and me.

it grows like a shadow, the feeling on me;
and i look to the coin, it never flips on me;
heads a smile, tail a couple, move on with many;
for no race, no shadows, no speed stays forward on.

in shadows, i retreat with disinterest as it seems,
in shadows, i settle when i see them poignant;
in shadows i lie, not an explanation or for words;
in shadows, i see the brightness.. plain blind.

i stand behind,
i like watching them go one by one,
a circle it dishes out, i stand still, usual, no word
i stand behind, as i watch the shadows just grow and grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home