Just Like That!

Monday, August 10, 2009

the swing

a Sunday evening words of an outstanding saturday...

i went to a park on a short drive, with my friend.. we sat on a swing (for kids) for 10-15 minutes, strode a little bit..didn’t talk as much, as we do.... the swing was good, it’s been a while since I was in one..

in fact, a couple weeks back, I had been to the same park with another friend, and that was an altogether different day of fun.. but no swing..

as for this saturday, the only way I can dampen the thoughts is by scribbling some words on those.. here goes nothing..

i watched, the rear view mirror, empty road,
as we pulled over against the park and shore;
the lake waved at us, forever it is lashing out,
hands in my pocket, steps, I merely shrugged!

I stood there like everyone else, so alone in it,
never gone was the world around me, it lived;
but it was wrapped, outside of this envelope,
and only if I allowed to, it could break my calm.

outstretched hands, the water flowed in mind,
so aloof, the blanket caught my thoughts fond;
so still, it kept them, I shrugged, looked at her;
a book and a joke, I am lost in my silent star!

I swung slow, I swung low, rigid on the chain,
then the shoulders, legs relax, relax relaxed;
I waved back at the lake n earth and the sky,
upward arc, blue to blue, vast transparent sky.

what I would give for a word, but I am lost,
the chords in me never play, they are quiet;
twenty minutes, end as I swung and swung,
sometimes that’s all there is to the swing!

nothing to write home I think, I let it go;
distorted memories wobble on my way;
I forget and move on, like a while ago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home