Just Like That!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

a beginner's scribbling


i came across some delightful little (for me...for you, annoying/obnoxious/indifferent) scribblings of mine, from my school/college years..

tidbits of hand-written paper hidden in more tidbits of paper... zero treasure

some of the school ones could get me incriminated.. so i'll chuck those for now..

the following is something i scribbled for my college magazine (yes.. actually published) when i was in my first year of college.. (roughly around 65 million years ago, when the Tyrannosaurus were still a nightmare to the cats around)

it is one of my favorites, for 2 reasons.. 1. it pretty much summed up my ability to scribble and annoy you....

so here goes nothing as usual...

don't mistake me as a poet,
and i know not how to write;
with pen & paper in my hand,
i just scribble for delight.

i've heard of many poets,
experts at writing verse;
like them, some do good humor,
like me, some get simply worse.

therefore before writing the poem,
nothing natural comes to my sight;
and by writing this poem,
i just give my mind a flight.

i want to write something inspiring,
i want to write something cheerful,
but the thought of exploring ideas,
has made my heart so tearful.

i want to write something funny,
but i know not how to start;
thinking about a beginning itself,
has torn my tiny brains apart.

now i really think of writing
something very elegant; but
there are so many poets around,
that all my ideas become moot.

thought i'll end the quarrel,
as i fail at the initial hurdle;
and i realize taking on a bull-dog;
certainly not the work of a poodle.

well, i am very very sorry, as of now;
because of my plight, i cannot write;
my hollow head with a lack of thought;
by jove! it just cannot become light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home