Just Like That!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

dog blog..

it was 3 am.. and i was working in my office that day/night/morning.. whatever you want to call it.. i took a break and was staring at the vending machine as usual trying to hypnotize it for a bar.. most of the times, it doesn't work..

suddenly, i heard some creaking/crawling noises on the other end of my corridor.. curiously, i followed the noises.. on the far end of the cubicles, the sound increased with scurried movements and all.. i paced up and checked the offices to find a cat pounce suddenly into the vicinity..

i have no idea, how a lonely cat ends up in the office at 3 am.. probably the cat was thinking the same about me..

i didn't know what to do exactly.. so i looked up the security desk number, and asked them to take care of it..

interesting to know, what it takes to decide on the same course of action in India...

anyways, after the paw-y scar, i resumed work.. by the time i was done, i was tired and left at 5 am.. now, on my way back out of the open parking, i stumbled across the same cat.. i didnt think much of it (as this blog proves) and left..

i reached home, parked and it was cold.. i started humming a song as usual.. partly because i was listening to the same, and mostly because the cold was shivering the hell out of me.. i.e. most of me..

"i'm unbreakable, unstoppable, i'm invincible," and all those -bles.... possible

and i heard 2 dogs barking straight at me.. 5:30 am in front of my house... they would have startled anyone.. including me.. and they did.. now one of them was a Labrador and the other was a grownup post-hit-in-a-costco-truck-survivor type of rat... so i'm guessing a chihuahua..

i was singing.. and obviously this made them very unhappy and agitated.. i wonder when these traits passed on to the canine group from humans.. nevertheless..

now, who walks their dogs at 5:30 am in that cold? and who barks at my songs? (it's rhetorical.. so hold it)

the girl who had a leash on the dogs... said a hello.. and i said.. 'the barking was totally uncalled for..' i had listened to me before, i thought for some time and said.. 'the barking was a little uncalled for..'

she smiled and said.. "maybe they identify with you.." i said, 'sarcastic.. terrific."

i went home and went to bed.. i put on a playlist and my desktop background had a labrador and a cat.. sitting and staring at me.. cheeky..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home