Just Like That!

Friday, December 05, 2008

oblivious

a random hypothetical thought, which came to me just like that. so I scribbled it down.

the first person use has no significance and does not have anything to do with me. I just began writing it like that, and persisted.

was this a déjà vu?

I opened my eyes, my relatives jumping,
I was crying, my parents were grinning;
rich they were, now happy too for me,
home I went, healthy, nice and chubby.

played with great friends in my palace,
rode to my convent, with a chauffeur;
teacher’s pet, and excellent in studies, 
so befriended high grades to prosper.

appreciated else too, apart from books,
as I enjoyed sports, recreation and time;
made an adorable favorite, comic sense,
multi-talented, helped to be handsome.

great job, and I was professionally famous,
my parents were proud of all these years;
I found my beautiful girl; I/she was now us,
a boy, a girl what more was more joyous.

I soared across the world, much cherishing it,
no ill-health, pain,  ‘n joy I could not believe in;
treading on goodwill ever, and philanthropic,
outlived all my wishes, could ask no more of it.

saw 2 generations, self-sufficient all the way,
valuable ‘n evergreen, such a gem all the way;
went naturally, in a flick, smooth all the way,
beside my parents and her, first on the way.

happy I was under my tomb, content too,
sobbing the loss were they, affection too;
made my parents proud, all around me too,
role model they said, epitome of being too.

so i made the transition into the other world,
shell-shocked, they gazed at my past world;
nauseating they thought, empty and oblivious,
they said, my life was too devoid and oblivious.

and then i opened my eyes again in the other world..  was it déjà vu again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home